My He(ART)-Full Life



Wednesday, October 23, 2013

"I'm Imperfect + I'm Enough"

 "There’s nothing more daring than showing up, putting ourselves out there and letting ourselves be seen." -Dr. Brene Brown
 I am so loving this Lifeclass with Oprah and Brene!!!! We just started on Monday and already I feel a paradigm shift...big huge stuff going on over here!! So our first intention was "I'm imperfect and I'm enough"...saying it, claiming it and believing it...how simple...yet how profound. I have struggled with this all of my life...in ways that have been both deep and searingly painful. The struggling to fit in, the striving to be other than what I am...the wishing and hoping for things to be different...that was the overwhelming background music to my life. This quote by Brene pretty much sums it up for me "You either walk inside your story and own it or you stand outside your story & hustle for your worthiness."That was pretty much me right there...Until I turned 40, until I became a mother...until I birthed mySELF. 

Another simple yet brilliant exercise we worked on...permission slips!!! How cool is this idea??? Just writing these out made me a little giddy:) It's just a reminder that...hey! I am giving mySELF permission to...(insert whatever here). Try it out...it's pretty addictive...I promise:)

“Authenticity is a collection of choices that we have to make every day. It's about the choice to show up and be real. The choice to be honest. The choice to let our true selves be seen."- Dr. Brene Brown (the Gifts of Imperfection)
So here I am...grateful to be on this journey to true SELF.

 And here's my intention for the day xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooh, this sounds such an exciting course! i love your smile as you hold up your hand - perfectly imperfect, joyfully human!
hugs across the sea!