My He(ART)-Full Life



Wednesday, September 12, 2012

house of my soul


(She has a Story to Share, mixed media on canvas)
Myth is more individual and expresses life more precisely than does science... Thus it is that I have now undertaken, in my eighty-third year, to tell my personal myth. I can only make direct statements, only "tell stories." Whether or not the stories are "true" is not the problem. The only question is whether what I tell is _my_ fable, _my_ truth."
                                                          (Memories, Dreams, Reflections-C. G. Jung)
I've been reading bits and pieces of this book and am fascinated with Jung. His spirit radiates through his work... right into me. He wrote this book toward the end of his life (he was over 80 years old) and it is unlike any other book; it's a spiritual autobiography. He allows us to see into the window of his inner journey. He puts his fears, weaknesses and human frailties all on full display for us to see. He talks about the importance of myth; how we are stories. He merges science with spirit and gifts us with his life experiences...undiluted. One of the concepts he speaks of is the House of our Soul. So...I have been reflecting on this precious concept.

What does the house of my soul look like?? I would like to share some of what I wrote...
Beautiful door = using all of my life experiences to lead me to mySELF. It is safe and beautiful...full of art + books + photos + flowers + LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! There is community and kindreds. And while I don't want judgement, regret, bitterness...there is space for it here too. It is a place where I have come to terms with my life as it is. there is hope here. And joy. There is also a room for my pain + sadness; of people long gone but whose memories linger.
All things in life lead to (or away) from this house.

It is seeing ourSELVES in our dark and ...our light. What does the house of your soul look like??

No comments: