" Let life happen to you. Believe me: life is in the right, always."
-Rainer Maria RilkeAfter my last post of sheer ...overwhelm things have turned around. I am a little wary of getting too excited after all the twists and turns of the past few months but...we move out of here this Saturday!!! That's the plan and I think it's actually going to happen this time!! Can you hear a huge loud OMG!!! over there in your corner of the world?? I am soooo excited I can barely stand it!! It's a gorgeous house with lots of light pouring in everywhere, huge windows...honey wood floors...A ginormous backyard (with rose bushes, a tiny bridge and a play set for Tara) ...can't wait to show you pics. There is a darling little deck off the master bedroom where we can have breakfast and Tara has a nursery and a tiny playroom (actually a huge closet that slopes and turns towards the back)!!. And guess what?? ...I am going to have an entire room for my studio!! (happy just thinking of it!!)
The house is not very big but so beautiful and homey. Also...it's much closer to San Diego proper so Tim doesn't have to drive for 2 hours a day to commute to work. That would have been brutal. We are going to rent it for a year (we were going to buy but that's another long story) and just couldn't be couldn't be more over-the-moon excited about it!
So I have been planning and scheming and writing down all sorts of lists...
* I have this sumptuous red/pink/gold sari fabric that I want to turn into curtains for my studio...maybe add a swath of turquoise fabric at the bottom?
* am going to put Tara's birdhouse collection on the huge tree by the side of the house
* can't wait to get all my books and art supplies out!!! (swoon)
* am actually looking forward to washing dishes and cleaning and cooking (never thought I would ever say that!!!!)
* am writing out ideas for paintings and projects and...all sorts of things
* am looking forward to Tara getting back on her schedule and Tim and I spending some quality time together (can't remember what that's like)
* am going to get a little chimeneya (an outdoor fireplace) that I have always wanted...
* am already planning -in every detail -my little studio...storage solutions, organizers, inspiration board...
* so looking forward to eating a real home cooked meal
These past 7 (??) weeks or so have been jam packed with so many emotions, a blur of activity and ups and downs...Just breathing a huge sigh of relief over here...taking a huge breath and "allowing life to happen"...