My He(ART)-Full Life



Thursday, February 4, 2010

On What's Really Important...

My Tara turned one a few days ago and it got me thinking on what's really important...and it's all these small moments that make up the totality of a life. It's the HUGE moments too-the births and deaths, falling in love, visiting Paris or having an exhibition but it's also the everyday, the mundane, the "trivial" that make up the majority of one's life. Taking a bath with baby, birthdays and walking outside in the sunshine (or the rain), taking in the beauty of a sunset, baby kisses (sweet), hubby kisses (hot!!), reading a good book, cooking, making a snowman...it's these small moments that are quilted together to form the fabric of our lives. It's people and relationships that are important, love and creativity...not things, not housework and "stuff" and... putting on airs and crazy non-sense. It's appreciating colors and good health, playing with your dog and running on the bare grass. It's old friendships(for their comfort) and new ones (for their...possibility). It's loving the two feet we have that take us where we want to go, the eyes we have to take in all of the beauty in this world and...clean drinking water.It's the journey and not the destination. The imperfect-ness of life  and not the ideal. Any thoughts out there on what is important to you?

2 comments:

Rani said...

Your words are so true to heart. I couldn't agree more! It's the connections we have that make life so important..and YES..the little things really do matter most!!! I find myself catching me in almost missing those little things...like my head is saying..wait , you better react or say something because this is one of those moments...and then I'm so thankful that I acted on them!!! Love how you are igniting me to think through your words!

Rani said...

...and happy birthday to Tara!!!!!