My He(ART)-Full Life



Tuesday, December 8, 2015

some of my fave. art supplies!


I've been meaning to write this blog post for such a long time but never got around to it! Here goes.
* Derwent Inktense Blocks. I tried these out for the first time about 6 months ago and instantly fell in love!!! What's not to like? The colors are rich and lush...you can use them wet or dry. I can mix them with water or with my oil pastels. I use them to draw or sketch and also to paint with. Totally versatile and portable. I mean...serious magic
  * Gelli printing plate ...I tried this out for the first time a few months ago....and it opened up an entire world of possibilities!! Totally invited creativity in! Bonus....Tara loves it too!

* Waverly chalk paint. I actually saw these in the craft aisle in Walmart and decided to try out a bottle. Whoa!!! Instant love! These chalk paints come in about 7-8 different colors, have serious covering power, is opaque and provides an excellent ground for paint markers. They also mix well with other paints to create rich and varied tones. 
* Dick Blick Matte acrylics ....super economical and comes in 101 different colors. They are opaque and rich. 

 * acrylic inks. Liquitex, FW or Dr PH Martin...I love all of them! They give such intense colors and you can mix them with water or other acrylics. I started off with a few bottles and now I can't get enough.
* Posca Acrylic Paint Markers. These markers are amazing!!!! I wish I had known about them sooner but ever so glad I have them now. Really pop when I use them over the chalk paint!
* lokta paper. I just discovered these handmade Nepalese papers a few months ago and bought a few variety packs from Dick Blick. Love love love!!
One of the things about trying out new art supplies is how it really allows me to let go, experiment and play. All so good for the creative process.

1 comment:

Lou said...

Inktense blocks are on my wish list! Thanks for sharing your faves.