My He(ART)-Full Life



Wednesday, November 20, 2013

appreciating the gift of simplicity

These days I'm all about being thankful for the everyday normal I take for granted. Do you know what I mean?? The hot cup of tea right when I need it, 15 mins. relaxing on the sofa, a fave magazine or hitting the snooze button when the alarm goes off. Maybe it's because I am going to be 45 in just a minute...but I realize more than ever how time just slips away from us. How the hours turn to days turn to years. Just like that. Without any fanfare or warning. So these days I am really embracing the moments...the messy ones, the ugly ones, the frustrating ones...sure. But also the beauty that lies in all of our moments. 

Every single day feels like a huge gift...even the days I am too tired to appreciate it. That feels like a gift too...knowing that there is a fullness to my days. As Thanksgiving approaches...I realize I have much to be thankful for. And my heart is full, friends...with wonder and simplicity and joy.

xxx