My He(ART)-Full Life



Monday, February 18, 2013

relaxxxxxxxxxxxed + recharged!!!

“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
                                                                                  -Terry Pratchett, A Hat Full of Sky                      
We have been in Boulder for the past few days. It's our go-to place to recharge, relax and let loose. It reminds me so much of Canada. In Edmonton (where I'm from), there's a place called Whyte Ave. It's adjacent to the University of Alberta and is full of funky cafes, art, used bookstores, amazing restaurants, yoga studios, palm readers, Indie movies, theatre...everything!! Well...Boulder kinda' reminds me of it...except...surrounded by mountains. I feel so at home here!

I got time to read ( One Year to a Writing Life), write in my journal, sip tea (Republic of Tea)...and simply watch the river. Magical. Beautiful. Love(LY). We stumbled upon an amazing Indian cafe and I had the best lamb vindaloo ever ever ever!! And of course we stopped by the Dushanbe Teahouse! Mostly though it was about sleeping, family time, watching movies, walks in nature.

I found time to do a wee bit of shopping. I find that whenever I go into a store now, I think about what I can pick up for Tara instead of for me:). I stumbled upon this treasure chest of  a shop and picked up a tiny silk purse for my little birdie. 
Back home now...laundry, routines etc.

No comments: