My He(ART)-Full Life



Sunday, July 29, 2012

sing true

                                         
"I ASSIGN YOU to be a beautiful, good, kind, awakened, soulful person, a true work of art as we say, ser humano, a true human being. In a world filled with so much darkness, such a soul shines like gold; can be seen from a far distance; is dramatically different.... Anything you do from the soulful self will help lighten the burdens of the world. Anything. You have no idea what the smallest word, the tiniest generosity can cause to be set in motion. Be outrageous in forgiving. Be dramatic in reconciling. Mistakes? Back up and make them as right as you can, then move on. Be off the charts in kindness. In whatever you are called to, strive to be devoted to it in all aspects large and small. Fall short? Try again. Mastery is made in increments, not in leaps. Be brave, be fierce, be visionary. Mend the parts of the world that are "within your reach." To strive to live this way is the most dramatic gift you can ever give to the world.
Consider yourselves assigned."                    -Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes

If I have never mentioned before how I absolutely love, adore and am grateful for this woman...let me say it here!! I came across this powerful quote by Dr. Estes and printed it up and put it above my studio table immediately. Here is a manifesto I can strive to live by; words that can nourish my soul and bathe me in inspiration. At times (and there are many) when I want to give up, go to sleep, plop on the couch. The times when I falter and don't believe in myself (many). The moments of self doubt and "not good enough"...(many, many, many)...These words will light my way.
And the best reason in the world for me to sing true??? This beautiful little girl right here! What's yours??

3 comments:

PatH said...

What a great quote! I think I will print it also. It's good to be reminded to look beyond the petty everyday things and all the negative news we hear every day and to do our part to make our world a little better. Thank you for sharing this.

patty said...

Wow - what a lot of powerful messages in that one short quote!! Yes, I do need to read some of her work... what am I waiting for??

scrapwordsmom said...

What a GREAT quote!! My reason to SING is my family for sure. Without them I would be nothing. Love them so much!!!!

Thanks for your kind words on my blog. I appreciate your sweetness from the heart!!!!

Love,
Leslie