My He(ART)-Full Life



Tuesday, March 20, 2012

a story to tell

(tonight...in my studio)
I finally found  a babysitter  whom Tara adores and I feel 100% comfortable with...which means I have blocks of time to paint during the day!!! I have been working on quite a few canvases all at once (as I usually do)...backgrounds, faces, this + that. I feel the direction of my work changing...and it's exciting and frustrating and...aaah!!! growth!! I worked on this lady right here for a long  time...and then...just when I thought she was done...I felt that her face needed to be different somehow. She was too much like all my previous paintings (= holding onto the past + what's comfortable). But she wants to be heard...she is different...she has a story to tell; she wants to be seen.
Now here's the thing...I have absolutely no idea what she needs to say. I don't know what her story is...but... I am listening. I am open...aware...standing with her heart to heart...soul to soul ...on her journey. It may take me a long long time to gather all her pieces and lay them down on the canvas...or it may all come together like a puzzle. I have no idea. And it doesn't matter. The important thing is this; I am going to tell her story.
I am on this journey with her...and in doing so..I am journeying toward mySELF. 

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Love it! She is amazing...like you too. :)

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

I am so glad that you are going to have time to paint! I know how hard it can be to find babysitter's that you trust. Now, you can get into that wonderful new studio and paint your heart out...literally! I am sure there are so many beautiful, touching stories ready to be told and to meet the canvas. :)I am so sorry too that we were not able to meet while you were here!! But, I am glad we have this avenue to connect. Your art is so gorgeous Soraya and has so much soul. Looking forward to seeing more!

patty said...

Soraya, I love how you are going with a totally intuitive process. I know that it will lead you in amazing directions! And YAY for the baby-sitter!!

jane said...

I agree with Kelly.....you are amazing, my friend. xo

Diana said...

She turning out great. I'm sure her story will come. The color is beautiful.