My He(ART)-Full Life



Friday, March 23, 2012

creative burst


I am going through a creative burst right now...and my only problem/frustration is that I just don't have enough time to paint!! Before I had Tara I would hole up in my studio for 6-8 hours a day with mini breaks ...but now I squeeze time in whenever I can. Sometimes I have hours at a stretch to paint...but I also make use of small time pockets too. Somehow...I am making it work. I have to say, though, that I am so much more focused now...so much more disciplined in my work because I simply don't have time to piddle around!! I don't have a schedule I follow (say...paint time/writing time/blogging/photography etc) but..I make lists of what needs to be done and then try to fit it into my days somehow. But I also follow my intuition and heart...like right now I need to paint, paint, paint so...everything else (website/blog update etc) is falling behind. I am totally okay with it and ..riding the creative burst!! Happy weekend everyone!!!

* Tara's having a creative burst too:) xxx

2 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Paint, paint, paint .... if you can carve out the time then that is what you must do. Everything else can wait. I'm so glad you have found a sitter. Enjoy your creative burst!

Kelly said...

That's great news Soraya! I need to listen to my internal clock more often.