My He(ART)-Full Life



Sunday, March 27, 2011

right now...

Actually...I was going to write a long post tonight on the time I lived in an ashram. I was in my mid twenties and I was broken, broken, broken...I mean in pieces. But then I realised that I am going to have to spend quite some time writing it all down...it's a great story that I can't wait to share...soon!
But for this post right here...I am going to share a few  images of life right now...

* I am crocheting a headband for Tara..it's going to be beeeeee-yooootiful!! It's buttercup yellow and I plan on adding a flower (a raspberry red?) and...maybe even a cute button!

* Going through some very old photos of me as a baby...I don't have many of them but the few I do are going into Tara's heritage scrapbook.

* I started my meditation practice again. I have been meaning to do it for the longest time...but just never did. Starting off with small steps...5 mins. a day. But it feels good and I find that I am carrying that short time into my whole day...being mindful, breathing, slowing down. As much as I can with a toddler to keep up with! And if I miss a few days...it's okay.

*Believing in the journey...knowing that every step has meaning and purpose on life's path...no one part better or worst than the other. It's very difficult keeping this perspective but..I try, I try, I try!

* It's been rainy + gloomy + chilly this past week...lots of bundling up and splashing in the rain, hot cocoa under warm blankets, snuggles and reading.
What does your life look like right now?

9 comments:

Painting workshop said...

This is such a great site! I like the way you set this up! Great content and images as well! Thanks for sharing this!...Daniel

kelly said...

Hey friend! I've missed you. Thanks for the well wishes. It's great that your meditating again. I stink at it, but I'm going to keep trying. Deep thoughts while vacuuming works for me right now. :)

scrapwordsmom said...

Love your posts!!

My days are so FULL. Life is just so FULL right now. I am doing lots of serving...putting together a benefit for a friend's daughter. I would LOVE to have a piece of your art for our auction!! The girl {Lizzy} is just 11 and she mad a major stroke and is now paralyzed on her right side and is in rehab and I am trying to put this big benefit together to raise money for them!!

Let me know if you want to help with some art!!!:)

Anonymous said...

Booooteeefullll, all of it, wonderful to visit you here agaion Soraya, It's been a while...Would lobve to hear about your days in the ashram...
XOXOrly

journeyseeds said...

soraya I can't wait to read about your experience of the ashram. I have a friend that is living in India right now at Amma's ashram. And..believe it or not...in northeast CT in a tiny town there was an ashram there in the 70's.

Carola Bartz said...

I love the buttercup yellow yarn, it's so yummy. Kaefer had a sweater in that color that my MIL knitted for her, with a black kitten on the front. The headband will look gorgeous on Tara, I like the idea of a button.

SooZeQue said...

Spring cleaning has got the better of me. I've discovered (well I already knew) I have way to much STUFF. I have too many loves and I go crazy surrounding myself with them. So that's what I'm doing ... trying to purge those that I no longer feel attached to. Hugs

Kerri said...

am really interested to read your story, soraya! :)

Lis said...

Oh, I love that final shot of Tara! It may be rainy and gray but what joy and color!

How interesting ... I have been slowing easing myself back into a more - ahem! - regular meditation practice. I almost crave it!

I can't wait to read about your ashram experience - something I regret not having done when I was younger and my life more flexible. My month at Kripalu was amazing and I also am craving a return and a few days of the ritual life there.

And I am deep in process on your interview questions ... my goal is to write my answers this week.

As always, I leave here feeling refreshed and inspired ... like I just drank a huge, brilliantly colored glass of fresh juice and the sunshine is making its way into my cells ... or maybe it is just that yummy yellow headscarf?

xo Lis