Materials*a clipboard...I buy mine from Michaels (2$!!) but any one will do
*patterned paper (you can also use paint or your art journal pages or...)
* decoupage glue (I use Modge Podge)
* scissors, paper cutter
* embellishments (flowers, ribbon, buttons, etc)
* letters (chipboard, stickers, rub-ons...)
* a photo (s)
This project is really so super easy and fun...I want to make like..20 of them and put them all over the house:)
1. The first thing I do is remove the clip off the board. Then I go about picking different papers and embellishments that appeal to me. I decide on a blue/green color scheme with bits of pink thrown in.
2. I then measure and cut the papers and lay them on the board. I move things around quite a bit to get a pleasing layout.
4. In the meanwhile, I apply paint to the clip and also let dry. If you use acrylic paint, apply sealer over top when paint dries. Or you can go for a scratched up, weathered look like I did!!
8. Add photo!!!
Tara just loves looking at this ...loves loves loves!!! I really hope you will try out this project...
*you can also use this idea to make an inspiration board, a to-do list, a mini art journal page to hang up on your wall...the possibilities are endless! (Thanks SooZe for the tip and reminder!!)...and they make great gifts too!
Okay...Tim has Tara for a few hours so I am off to work on my studio...it's still not all put together!!