(painting in progess)
Lately I have been replenishing mySELF and ... filling up my soul. For instance...
* I have been in major project mode lately...I don't know what's going on!!! I am decoupaging a cabinet, breathing new life into an old bulletin board and planning on sewing patchwork curtains for my studio. I can't sew very well so I really hope I can pull the last one off:)
* I am following these journal prompts over here. This is just so amazing and freeing and wonderful. Please just take look and I think you will agree. I am on day 3...I picked an elephant armor and am having the most fun filling up my page. It's really opening up my heart and soul...pretty powerful stuff!
* I signed up for Blogging Your Way and am sooooo excited. My blog is in dire need of a make-over. Nothing drastic...maybe a more subtle change?
* I started a semi Atkins diet (no bread people!!). I seriously need to lose 10 lbs and ...well, I'll see how long I can keep it up. Also started a walking program...it's pretty steep and hilly over here so ...lots of muscles working hard. Ouch!
*I have been drawing a lot more lately...which I really really love. The whole process is challenging and meditative all at once...whole hours can just slip away.
* I am working on a few interviews with ...amazing, extraordinary, over the top wonderful women. I plan on doing a series...it's all still hatching in my mind and...I have a really good feeling about it. So excited!
* lately I am in the moment...rejoicing in gratitude for all the small and grand blessings in my life. You know the things we normally take for granted...good health, sunshine and flowers...a great book, hugs and smiles. Those kinds of things.
* loving up my little girl...enough to slowly slowly slowly...let her go. Tara is little Miss Independent these days. She wants to do everything herself from picking out her clothing to combing her hair. She want to wear her rain boots all the time...even on the sunniest of days. It makes her so happy happy. A sundress and rain boots...I think she can pull it off:) What do you think???
What are some of the things you do to replenish yourSELVES? Please share it with me and, as long as they don't involve eating chocolates, I will certainly try it!!
**EEEK!! I wrote this post earlier today but since then...Holly wrote a really sweet comment on my humble blog!!! Yes! THE Holly from decor8!!! I mean...it really happened right? I didn't just dream it up??!!!!