We have been in San Diego for about 5 days now and...some things I have noticed...
* We spent all of yesterday looking at rental properties and real estate is sky high here! I mean...through the roof!
* There are lush flowers in full bloom and palm trees everywhere! also...banana trees (love love love)
* This is an outdoor city (probably the whole state is). Everywhere...people are walking, running, surfing, biking.
* stunning natural beauty
* the air is so fresh here...crisp, clean, salty
* the early mornings and evenings are hat and sweater weather but during the day...I can wear a tee!!
* there are tons of great restaurants...with world cuisine (Indian, Italian, Greek, Thai, Vietnamese...). And lots of tea shops here too. Yummy!
And a few things I am discovering about living in a hotel...
* no housework!! Great! I can definitely adjust to this!!
* we have none of our stuff...it's driving me nuts!! It's spartan living over here.
* the internet is sketchy ...it comes and goes. The other day I spent over an hour writing out a blog post...only to have it completely dissapear into space! I know that can happen anywhere...but it is a frequent occurence here.
*no home cooked meals...I enjoy eating out...but not for every meal. Thank goodness for Trader Joes (just 5 mins. away)
* nothing is childproofed here...so I have to be extra, extra careful + I try to get Tara outdoors as much as possible
* it's difficult not having our space...we are all in very close quarters!
(sweet Tara having fun in the park)This part of our journey is stressfull...but in a very different way than the past 6 months have been. Overall it is full of new-ness and discoveries and possibility.