My He(ART)-Full Life



Friday, November 26, 2010

beginnings and blessings

(Tara on Mission Beach-yesterday morning)
We are trying to adjust to these new beginnings over here. It had been raining and gloomy the first 2 days since we arrived...but yesterday the sun came pouring down like gold! We are staying on Mirimar Marine Base for a couple of weeks until we can find a place...it's very unsettling because most of our stuff is packed away but also very freeing as there is not a whole lot to do...so I can enjoy my family. Yesterday morning we went for a beautiful walk on Mission Beach-just 10 mins. from where we are! Okay! I can get used to this!!

( a beautiful home footsteps away from the beach!)

And we had a great Thanksgiving dinner...I have a pic I hope to post later on today. My heart is full from all these beginnings and blessings...I hope you all had a great time with family and friends too.
Later: Here is a pic of our Thanksgiving dinner. We had an amazing feast right here on Mirimar...As you can see...Tara was busy busy busy with the food!
(Tara at Thanksgiving dinner)

5 comments:

Carola Bartz said...

All beginnings are difficult. Welcome to my time zone, somehow it's nice to imagine that you are so "close" now, even in the same state! I remember how unsettling it felt when we came to the States and hadn't a home - lived in a hotel the first week (not easy with a 3-year-old), then a small furnished apartment until we could finally move into the house that we're still renting today and has become our home. It is difficult, but I hope that eventually you will get more settled, can surround yourself with your stuff and can create a home.

Anonymous said...

Awww ...little Tara and the BIG beach. So cute! That house is amazing!

New beginnings - not so romantic as they can seem! Big hugs. ♥

Meegan said...

I'm so glad you are settling into your new home. I miss knowing you were just a couple hours drive away from me, even though we never actually got together it was comforting to know you were nearby :). I really really hope that you love your new home in California! Just dont' forget your online friends when you're out making new real life friends! I'd miss you :)

I'll drop you an email in the next day or two. I want to hear all about what's up with you!! Oh, I posted a little video and update at my blog too. Take care my friend!

scrapwordsmom said...

Looks amazing. Can't wait to hear all about it!!!!!!

ArtPropelled said...

What a blissful day! It must have been such a relief to wiggle your toes in sun warmed sand and seeing it through the eyes of a child is even more special.