My He(ART)-Full Life



Thursday, October 21, 2010

Life's Journey...


 "But he descended the hill, a sadness came upon him, and he thought in his heart: How shall I go in peace and without sorrow? Nay, not without a wound in the spirit shall I leave this city...
Yet I cannot tarry longer.
The sea that calls all things unto her calls me, and I must embark. 

For to stay, though the hours burn in the night, is to freeze and crystallize and be bound in a mould..."
                                                                          Kahil Gibran, The Prophet
This passage is from one of my favorite books-The Prophet. I always always always turn to these words. So many times we get stuck in our comfort zone and fear change...at least, that's the way it is with me. But life is full of ebbs and flows...we can try to fight against it (as I sometimes do) ...or surrender.
I trust that this journey of life is exactly as it is meant to be...that there is a path ahead...even if I can't quite see where it leads...

4 comments:

Sherri and Ellee said...

Thank you for the reminder....

ArtPropelled said...

I'm pretty fond on my comfort zones too. Beautiful words by Kahil Gibran. Thanks Soraya.

Kelly said...

That's one of my favorite books too. At first I thought it was from The Alchemist, which is my absolute favorite book...they are kind of similar in the message. Thanks for the reminder. I couldn't agree more! :)

Kerri said...

so true- yes, the comfort feels good, but i know when i feel that way, it actually means i need to make a change!