My He(ART)-Full Life



Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Flowers and blessings...

 I had been feeling a little down these past few days; been having a little pity party for myself . Here's the messy truth...I am really not looking forward to this move at all. Okay...I am hating it! Not that I would want to live here in southern Va forever but...I love our home and all the personal touches I put into Tara's nursery and my garden etc. Also...there are just so many moving parts to this whole thing that it seems so overwhelming at times. Added to that...I have totally lost my voice and feel a bronchial cold coming on. So as you can see..I was having a pity party. But then...this morning the sun was out , we went to Panera bread and picked up a delicious turkey sandwich...stopped off at Trader Joes and snatched up some delicious Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper soup and a beautiful bouquet of flowers...

...and this afternoon...Tim had a beautiful bouquet of roses delivered to the door...to cheer me up!! I realise that I have so many blessing to count!  Who can be down with my little Tara giving me hugs and kisses, an abundance of flowers, soup, bread...and all of your well-wishes and kindness? Not me! I am thankful for my abundance of blessings. How about you?
                                                                           (roses from Tim)

7 comments:

Carola Bartz said...

So sweet of Tim to send you flowers! And that roasted tomato and pepper soup from Trader Joe's is sooo good. I hope you'll feel better soon - cold can really drag you down. I hate them. The move - yes, hard to leave a place you love and all the work and inconvenience that is connected with a move, but also lots of opportunities! By the way, it's totally okay to have a little pity party - I actually think it's healthy!

scrapwordsmom said...

What a sweet family you have. I have never made a move like that. I imagine it would be so hard. But how wonderful you have a loving family and you can take all your blog friends with you;)

Sending you hugs today!!!:)

patty said...

Soyaya, I love that you had your little pity party, you acknowleged it and then moved on! It happens to everyone, but the trick is moving on and not wallowing for too long. I have moved many times so I know the drill. It's a PAIN, but usually worth it in the end. You are on the right track, my friend, hang in there!!

mansuetude said...

how lovely to get flowers. I hope you feel better, and on moving, that is always horrible and hard, even when we want to go someplace new. A friend is moving with a young child constantly rambling about and it is so hard for her to do it all. One day at a time.

Love the post about stories being important too, and your little heart girl, she is lovely

Kelly said...

I know what you mean about the moving thing. It's hard to move from the place where you made memories with your baby. Hang in there. You're taking all of the important stuff with you. :)

ArtPropelled said...

Soraya, I do hope you are feeling better today and glad you have indulged in some comfort food....Yum! It's so unsettling to know you are moving and not knowing when you are going to feel "at home" again.
Today I am grateful for my blog, blogging friends and my art as well as the good vibes that these things bring into my life. As for my immediate family ..... my life would be pitiful without them.

(Love the roses from Tim!)

Lis said...

Oh, moving is the pits! I hate the shifting through all the stuff ... and I remember how sad I was to leave the garden we had completely landscaped ourselves, 14 years of growth ... was my oasis.

And you know moving is very stressful, so I am glad to see you receiving nurturing all around! And soon you will be creating new memories in another home ...

But I agree, sometimes we just need a little pity party to mourn what we loved and then feel ready to carry on.

I hope you are feeling better! Guess your voice is teaching you to practice conserving energy!

xo Lis