My He(ART)-Full Life



Wednesday, October 1, 2014

published!! (Somerset Studio Art Journaling mag, Autumn 2014)

 “We all begin the process before we are ready, before we are strong enough, before we know enough; we begin a dialogue with thoughts and feelings that both tickle and thunder within us. We respond before we know how to speak the language, before we know all the answers, and before we know exactly to whom we are speaking.” 
                                                                                                        - Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes
 Friends...I have some great news to share...I have been published in the Autumn issue of Somerset Studio Art Journaling mag!!!! I am so very very grateful to Amber Demien (editor) as well as the lovely ladies at Invincible Heart Co. for making this all come together.  I am so grateful and honored to have an 8 page spread! For me, art journaling is a sacred space to pour out all of my soul...all of my fears, insecurities, vulnerabilities as well as joys and happiness mingle on these pages and create a path to healing and creative expression. I never know what's going to emerge (and isn't that half the fun?).

The story behind this little "Spirit" journal is this right here...it was earlier on this year when I felt a deep pull toward both my creative life as well as full time mothering. While I knew that Tara was going to be starting full time Kinder in the fall and I would have plenty of time for art making then...it was still so difficult to put my creative life on hold. I think so many of us moms struggle with that. Anyways...I was contacted by the lovely ladies at Invincible Heart Co. and started working with their creative kit...oh my!!!! My creative juices were jump started and ...I poured all of it into this little journal. I turned toward my real life struggles...how my very ordinary life paled in comparison to other artists who were flying here and there to exotic locales to either teach or attend a workshop/retreat etc etc. How even though I was so very fortunate and grateful to witness my daughter growing, to spend this time with her...how another part of me yearned to have the time to create more...to blog more, to paint more, to write more. It was a continual struggle.

But through the very cathartic process of spilling my truth onto these pages...I found a path forward. I elevated my mundane reality to that which was worthy of inspiring my creativity. I started to see the whole rather than this one part of my journey...where all the strings + strands, all the people + experiences of our lives come together to form the beauty of the whole. I began to see that nothing, absolutely nothing, is ever lost. Everything has meaning and the seeds from which greater things will bloom...our stories, our art...our very lives. As I went through my pages...combining words and images I began to feel stronger, more whole...more empowered.
Almost...invincible:)
xxx

No comments: