My He(ART)-Full Life



Sunday, August 3, 2014

notes from the journey

 “You must understand the whole of life, not just one little part of it. That is why you must read, that is why you must look at the skies, that is why you must sing, and dance, and write poems, and suffer, and understand, for all that is life.”-Jiddu Krishnamurti
 I have been dealing with some hard truths lately...changing entire paradigms.And it has been difficult... physically and emotionally draining. But so so necessary; a gift. And what has been sustaining me is love, art, poetry, truth, journaling, reading, trees, wide open skies, courage, friendship, kindness, self care, green grass, music, tears, letting go.I am leaning into faith and surrender more than ever. Trusting the process, trusting mySELF, trusting truth. I am allowing...no judgements, expectations or burdens to bear. It's difficult. And I have to continually remind myself...it's not meant to be otherwise. It's giving me the opportunity to lean into my wiser self and to strengthen parts of mySELF that have been hidden. It's the portal through which I can expand the possibilities of who I am and heal all the brokenness. It's soul medicine.

 "Though her soul requires seeing, the culture around her requires sightlessness. Though her soul wishes to speak it's truth, she is pressured to be silent." - Clarissa Pinkola Estes, WWRWW


To fellow travelers on the journey... xxx

1 comment:

scrapwordsmom said...

Hello sweet blogger friend. I have not been here in a VERY long time!! I was thinking of you the other day and thought...I need to find Soraya's blog again!! I have seen your work in Somerset and still love it. I am back and will put you back on my blog roll!! LOVE how your sweet little girl is growing up!!:)

xoxo