My He(ART)-Full Life



Monday, June 9, 2014

remember our sacred heart

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”A Return to Love, by Marianne Williamson.
Lately I have been filling up my well and returning to what I know to be true...simplicity...nature, outdoors, love, homemade goodness, reading...sitting in the sun and ...breathing.  I realize that this past year has been all too difficult for our family and we haven't given ourSELVES the time + space to cocoon, regenerate and rest. Day after day was filled with all too much hustle + bustle. Also...I have been doing a lot of deep journaling work that has been healing...but also exhausting and depleting. So...every single day now I am carving out the time, space + intention of remembering our sacred hearts.
*we've been spending a ton of time sitting in the sun whenever she cares to show herself! The past week has been rainy and gloomy but this morning...we were bathed in glorious golden rays and took full advantage of it.
*I am (slowly...slowly) finding my way back to meditation. I used to practice it many years ago but...it's always been such a struggle for me. But now, more than ever, trying to watch my thoughts...tame monkey mind and...simply be present. It's carrying over through my day...reminding me to fully embrace the w(holy) now.
*And Tara has been cooking + baking up a storm. She really wants her independence and has started making her own (very delicious) pancake creations. Her last one was...blueberry, chocolate chip, coconut goodness. She is so proud of her talents in the kitchen...it makes mamma just beam with happiness to see her bask in her own sweet self.

*And this 5 ingredient homemade ice-cream was deeeeeee-licious!!! Raspberries, blackberries, chocolate, fresh cream and sugar...


*spending lots of time outdoors...feeling the sun against our skin 

*feeding the ducks at dusk...watching sunsets ...

Been reading Dr. Angelou's poems...silently + out loud...listening to her rich and glorious voice with Tara...here's to the phenomenal women herself...Dr. Maya Angelou...you fill up my sacred heart...you do.

No comments: