My He(ART)-Full Life



Monday, January 27, 2014

painting re-do, faith + surrender

"The creative process is a process of surrender, not control." - Julia Cameron
I have been making studio time lately....and am trying to play . My two words for the year...surrender + faith ...are calling me!! I am trying to practice letting go....and allowing myself to trust that the process will unfold as it needs to.

Not sure where this painting is leading me to...but very grateful for the journey.


 “Set wide the window. Let me drink the day.” -Edith Wharton, Artemis to Actaeon and Other Verses
And...as Tara's birthday approaches in a few days I realize, more than ever, ever, ever...the value + truth of being fully present, of letting the small things go, of making every single day an adventure and making gratitude a huge part of our lives. Transformation occurs when we are not looking...in baby steps and way too slow for me sometimes. But...I am feeling an internal shift these days...a complete trust that my experiences are exactly what I need...that the teachers (+ lessons) will appear when I am ready. And it feels like an unburdening, a lifting of my heart ...a deep + complete surrender.

No comments: