My He(ART)-Full Life



Thursday, January 17, 2013

random this + that

 "Why should I not sit, every morning of my life, on the hillside, looking into the shining world?"
                                                                                                                     -Mary Oliver
 * I have been making time each day to play!! Even if it's a very short time (5-10 mins.) ...and it's making a huge difference!! Telling stories to Tara, dancing and singing around the living room, and not taking things too seriously with my art. Using different colors + techniques with a "lets just see what happens" attitude. Making big huge messes + loving it!!
* making smoothies and vegetable juices for one meal a day. My all time fave smoothie? Almond milk, hemp powder, blueberries, raw spinach (has no taste but chock full of fiber!!) banana and a dash of honey. Soooooooo good!! And trying to drink lots more water too:)

* these are the books that are on my reading list. I just completed my second reading of Dare Greatly (LOVE!!!) and now I am on to these. I have been meaning to read the Night Trilogy forever and..now is the time!! I have always admired Eli Wiesel ever since I first saw him on an Oprah show years and years ago. The sheer determination and strength of his spirit have brought me to tears again and again. I adore this man!!! Also committing to writing more and this book is wonderful! It combines the inspirational aspect with the practicalities of writing.
*if you think that we should, as Americans, have a candid discussion regarding gun violence, firearm safety, mental health and such...then perhaps you may want to sign the Sandy Hook Promise...I did. Although I personally am for strict gun control (I am Canadian, after all)...this newly formed group takes a comprehensive approach to gun violence in this country and wants to promote healthy discussions and ways we can make our communities safer. One of the things I love is that even though this community has suffered such heartbreaking, unimaginable loss and violence...they are not seeking to vilify anyone but want to promote common sense solutions. I am going to support them in any way I can.

*loving all the filters at pixlr-o-matic ...so fun to experiment! I can spend an hour messing around over here with all the fun stuff they offer. And it's so simple to use!!
* we are heading off to CA today for the weekend. Tim wants to take Tara to Disney! Hello Minnie Mouse/Princess belle frenzy:) A hundred and one things to do before we leave. I'm hoping I can fit some time in for a haircut (which I so desperately need!) ...but not sure if I can swing it...I haven't even packed yet!!! Hope you all have a super great long weekend! xxx

No comments: