My He(ART)-Full Life



Thursday, November 22, 2012

thank you

"If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."
                                                                                                                        -Meister Eckhart
The older I get...the more I am realising this is truth. Once I get past the dogma,text and noise of all the spiritual traditions ...it comes down to this simple practice right here; be grateful. And so...dear friends...the turkey is in the oven, the table is all set and Tim and Tara are at the park. This morning we sat around...listening to Miriam Makeba (deep, soulful heart -bursting -with- gratitude feel good music), made blueberry pancakes and ...enjoyed each other. Received some very humbling news that brought me to tears this morning and made me realise how every step of our journey is important. Just when we think that our work doesn't matter, that are lives are small and insignificant, that our hearts can't change the world...the Universe steps in and says otherwise. I am so incredibly grateful...in more ways than I can express.
Happy Thanksgiving !!