My He(ART)-Full Life



Wednesday, September 5, 2012

crushing out (big time)

I captured the gorgeous morning light in my studio reading nook the other morning.  A cup of coffee and jotting down thoughts + dreams. Heartfelt gratitude and a clearing of my head, an opening of my heart to start the day. I am currently reading this heart(full) book right here by Pema Chodron. I picked it up last November and started reading it but then it all got packed away in our move. It is rich and true...just what I need right now.
And...a few other things I am totally crushing out on:
* This fantabulous Amy Butler fabric on my reading nook cushion. Isn't it just too gorgeous?? All full of orangey patterny goodness??? It's so high on the instant happiness quotient:)
*reading nooks! I adore them and have them scattered throughout our home. All you need are a few floor pillows, fave reading materials or a journal and a cosy blanket nearby. Love!! 
* Fall. I love this time of year...with things cooling down a little. More time to snuggle and cuddle. I can start pulling out my winter scarves for our morning/evening walks. The leaves haven't started turning yet but...they will soon!
* I have been spotting the most amazing signs everywhere I go. I absolutely adore this one right here.
* totally and completely crushing out on First Lady Michelle Obama's DNC speech last night. It was powerful, heartfelt, articulate, personal, authentic...just over the top  wow!!! And then wow some more. I am so so proud to be a Democrat.  This is the America I want my daughter to grow up in...where birth control isn't an issue (uh...why is it an issue????), there's equal pay for equal work and no matter who you are or where you come from...if you work hard...you have a chance at your dreams. Big huge crush. And I totally want that Tracey Reese dress!!
A few months ago a friend of mine had told me about Soulodge run by Pixie Campbell. When I read the description of the class it absolutely resonated with me. Delving into the deepest parts of ourSELVES, retrieving and amplifying our voice, restoring the wilderness that lives inside us all.  But by the time I had found out about it, the summer session was closed!! I was so disappointed. Well, as the universe would have it...Pixie Campbell with her generous and free spirit is now offering it to everyone...for free!!! Absolutely free of charge people...you just can't turn it down!! Read why and download it right here. I have started reading through it and working through some of the exercises...it is deep and powerful medicine let me just tell you. Dear Pixie...thanks for shining your light so bright...and wanting us all to shine as well. Big huge girl crush on you:)

3 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

I'm smiling at your bubbly personality Soraya. You just make my day.

Meegan said...

So so glad you're loving SouLodge!! Believe me it is 100000% better done in group. Pixie is amazing!! The group of women in the private SouLodge Alumni group are so deeply loving and supportive. I've found my tribe! I feel alive and open since taking the class & joining this group. It's transformative on so many levels. I can't rave about it enough. I'm definitely going to sign up for the year long course in 2013, only $99 for the whole year!!! Going to sign up very soon for fall lodge as well. You would be a great addition to the group!!!

SooZeQue said...

Glad you are finding the special moments in your special spaces to reflect on all that you surround yourself with. I admire all the ways you are always growing and learning and sharing.