My He(ART)-Full Life



Tuesday, March 13, 2012

things are coming together

(this afternoon-working on some backgrounds)
Life has been hectic over here in a good way...even though I am exhausted!! I managed to squeeze in a little bit of painting time this afternoon while Tara was napping and that replenished me...filled me up. I am so much more efficient now that I am a mom... there's no time for procrastinating; every minute counts!! I prioritise now (out of necessity!!) and am better able to make use of my time. I also appreciate the times when I can relax, take a hot bath, enjoy a cup of tea, read a magazine undisturbed (all things I took for granted pre mom days!!). So...here's what's been going on over here:
* trying to do all sorts of projects (big + small around the house). I am really loving the way things are turning out. I have been planning things in my head for months and writing ideas down in my journal...so when it all comes together it makes me happy:)
* trying to set up my office; it's so much more difficult than I imagined. My printer/scanner/computer etc are all in the guest bathroom right now so gotta' get them in my office and running so I can open up my Etsy shop again!!
(self portrait taken with timer)
* really working on updating my website...the pic I have posted on my home page is a wedding pic from...6 years ago!!! It's gotta' go!!
* I just received some super fantastic news today that has me flying across the moon. Seriously. Can't wait to share it with you all.
* I finally got my hands on the March Somerset Studio and...am just beaming to read my article in there. It's just something else altogether to actually physically hold the magazine and see my work + words + heart + soul on the pages. I am so grateful and thrilled.
*I have been taking some pics. (self portraits + others) for my website. I had so much fun doing it because I just started playing around and having a good time.
* working on the changes I want to make to my blog. Oh!! How I hate hate hate figuring out HTML stuff!!! It seriously frustrates me to no end!!

(self portrait with brushes + paintings)

So...that's it for now. I hope you all are doing well + I will be stopping by soon. xxx

3 comments:

SooZeQue said...

Looking forward to seeing the new look! Working in heal no less!

Diana said...

I love all your new self portrait pics. Very fun!

scrapwordsmom said...

Wow...you have accomplished so much this year, Soraya!! Love all the self portraits you took and shared. Looking forward to the magazine as well...:)