My He(ART)-Full Life



Thursday, December 1, 2011

art news...joy spilling over

                                                (Somerset Studio Gallery Winter 2012 )
My heart feels full and wide and deep with possibility and joy tonight. I'm published in the Winter 2012 Somerset Gallery...and I am full of happiness. Thank you Christine Olivarez, Jennifer Jackson Taylor and all the folks at Somerset...thank you, thank you, thank you ...for giving me a chance. I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy yet...but I am going to try every single Barnes and Noble this weekend!

When I think of how hard I have had to work-all of my life- simply to believe in mySELF, it makes me tearful and joyful all at once. There was a time when I couldn't claim my stories, my voice or my art. There was a  time when I couldn't even claim my psychic space...my very essence. But every tiny step of courage, bravery and truth-telling has led me to this very place. And for that...I am thankful...joy spilling over.

8 comments:

SooZeQue said...

That's super awesome! Good things always happen to those that believe. Such exciting news I'm sure like you, I'd be doin a happy dance all over! Way to go Girlfriend!

jane said...

I'm so EXCITED for your art to be part of Somerset, Soraya! The world and the ART community will be enriched by your art and your lovely spirit! I'm going to purchase an issue just to see you in it! xo

Kelly said...

I am so very proud of you, and happy for you! You have a very special gift, and that's just being you! :)

amy said...

soraya!!! that is so so so so so fabulous. congrats. it's well-deserved :) love to you and and your family! xo
amy

laurie said...

i am also going to be out looking for a copy! so happy for your well-deserved joy.

Carola Bartz said...

Soraya, this is wonderful!!! Congratulations! I'm going to look for an issue as well.

Meegan said...

Congratulations!! You soo deserve this & I can't wait to buy a copy of the magazine!!

Sent you an email on Thanksgiving. Hope it went thru. Also hope that all your preparations for the upcoming move are going well. I'll need to get your new address as soon as you're settled. Take care!

PatH said...

So happy for you. I can't wait to see it.