My He(ART)-Full Life



Friday, September 9, 2011

magic and mayhem

                                                             (Minnie-Mouse Tara)
We spent last weekend at Disneyland. Now I have to tell you that Disney on Labor Day weekend was not my idea of a fun time! Toddler + crowds + heat = my idea of mayhem!! I also have to tell you that I have never never ever been to Disney before (yes, I am 42 years old!!). I was never taken as child and as an adult, I had absolutely no desire to go. But Tim wanted to take Tara and she was sooooo excited...chattering about it all of last week She was telling me all the things she wanted to do and was beaming from ear to ear. So...off we went! Can I just say how much I loved it!!!! I got to see everything through Tara's eyes and it was magical. The trick was that we started off super early in the morning, spent about 3 hours there, had lunch and then went back to the hotel for a looooong nap...and then went back for a few hours in the evening. We didn't try to fit too much in or go on too many rides. That seemed to keep Tara happy and us reasonably sane!!

(Tara's fave ride!!)
*there were teacups...

(one amazing parade!!)
*princesses everywhere!!

(me and Tara-can you see us?)
*the castle that Tara never wanted to leave!!

*lots of beaming smiles from Tara!!

*the history of the whole place


The thing that inspired me the most was how Walt Disney conceived of the whole place! I mean...he was ridiculed and belittled, told he was fool for thinking of such a thing but...he dreamed up every detail in his imagination!! But the real magic???  Magician -Tara cast a spell on me and I got to be 2 years old again!!
**********************************************************************
We just experienced a 12 hour power shortage that ended about a half hour ago! Everything was gone...no power, air conditioning, Internet!!! Nothing! That never happens to us over here. I guess it hit all of San Diego and even down into Mexico as well as parts of Arizona!I know that for so many of my sister/blogging friends around the world, this is a common problem. It makes me so very appreciative of all the things I so easily take for granted! Okay...its 3:45 a.m. and I really need to get to bed!!
P.S. I still have a FREE PRINT GIVEAWAY! Please stop by and read my post (2 down-sorry, for some strange reason I can't put a link in) and enter. I will be announcing the winner on Monday!

8 comments:

jane said...

Loved your Disneyland story and photos...sweet memories for you all...and WAlt Disney should inspire us all to follow our hearts and instincts when it comes to creating!

scrapwordsmom said...

What a magical time!! Disney World was our fave family trip. We are planning another one my son's senior year...January 2013!!!

Tara is an angel:)

ArtPropelled said...

I've never been but If I did get the chance I would love to go with one or two children. It was fun to see your photos Soraya.

Carola Bartz said...

You've got some beautiful pictures of Disneyland! I've never been to Disneyland, and I'm 51. I have to say that I have absolutely no desire to go there, and the amazing thing is that Kaefer in her 13 years never even once said she'd like to go there. She's too much of a nature girl I guess. How wonderful that you and Tara could enjoy it so very much and you were able to feel like a two-year old - that's just magical!!! And you certainly beat the crowds with your schedule - great idea so go super early!

patty said...

Well, I have been a couple of times.... but I don't think ever with little ones. I'm sure it gives everything a completely different slant!! I love how you spread it over several days and worked out the hours - makes so much more sense than trying to cram everything into one day... good job, lots of memory-making!!

Meegan, Blue Moon mama said...

Love love love Disneyland! I went for the first time in 2003 on my first visit to Cali to see my husband (then boyfriend) and I fell in love with it. On my next visit to CA six months later my husband got down on one knee & proposed to me on the Castle bridge. We spent our 1st anniversary there too which also happened to be New Years Eve/Day & I have to say that's the best New Years Eve party ever! The firework display at midnight is so magical especially surrounded by so many awestruck children. I can not wait to take my kids there in a few years. It's the place we miss the most. We're planning to take them during Christmas time when there about 4-5. Nothing is more magical then Disneyland during the holidays!! Sorry for rambling but I adore the place & I don't generally like amusement parks or crowds. You just can't help falling in love with it.

Meegan, blue moon mama said...

Signed it & posted it to my Facebook page!! This is such a horrifying situation and whenever I think of all those unwanted unloved baby girls not given a chance at life it breaks my heart.

SooZeQue said...

Glad you guys had a good time! You have to experience it at least once in your life. Back from Vaca... I'm tired! I'm gonna have to catch up with everyone. No Internet for 9 of the 10 days!