My He(ART)-Full Life



Wednesday, June 15, 2011

what is calling you, the journey to SELF + turning off all that noise!

 "What in your life is calling you?
When all the noise is silenced,
the meetings adjourned,
the lists laid aside,
and the wild iris blooms by itself
in the dark forest,
what still pulls on your soul?
                  (awakening to the fullness of herSELF, archival prints available here!)
In the silence between your heartbeats
hides a summons.
Do you hear it?
Name it, if you must,
or leave it forever nameless,
but why pretend it is not there?"

 " ~ Terma Collective, The Box ~
 There is so much noise in our lives...all the noise of what we should be/want/do. Of how and who  we should live/love/be. There is the noise of our past, of our family of origin, our culture and society. There is the noise of past relationships/lovers/friends. There is the noise of guilt and frustrations...and...of the people we once were. There is the very loud noise of expectations. And the even louder noises of self doubt (who does she think she is? you're thinking about doing what? etc) But when we turn all of that off...what is left is...ourSELVES, our heart, our passions...our very souls. 
 Right now,  my journey to self looks like this
*heart/love/family
*soul
*courage
*vulnerability
*truth
*facing my fears
*being present
*community
*creating
*trusting mySELF
* sharing of my stories
*self love/self acceptance
 I think that one of the true unexpected joys of this journey of getting older is that I am learning how to turn off all that noise and listen to my inner voice. She's getting stronger and she's starting to shout above the noise!! How about you? What is calling you? Write it down ...say it out loud...and then see how you can start making it happen!

7 comments:

mansuetude said...

yes.
quiet over here--

the trick seems to be to stay in that space where the pause is in the heart's beat, no matter what is going on outside there, to focus inside there. One still spot can change Everything.

love your post.

Kelly Berkey said...

i too seek for the quiet, where i can hear my own voice. love your post, very inspirational! xo

SooZeQue said...

Oh that noise! I fear I'll never be able to stop hearing it. I applaud you for moving forward and being able to quiet it. Perhaps when I'm so much older and so much wiser I shall accomplish that task.

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

You said it beutifuly and I know what you mean perfectly. :) I think we all need to grow into this. We all go through stages in life where we define who we are. And older we get more clear it becomes to us. But it's always some soul searching needed to be done.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post Soraya, I love the image of the hand. Noise is our enemy, hard but very essential to be able to turn that noise off and live life from the core, without distractions. Your plan for your journey to your self sounds fantastic..
BTW, I love your header, and overal new (to me) blog design...you are so beautiful in so many ways.
XOXOrly

kelly said...

I love all of this newness! It looks great. I've missed you. This is a great post. I really do struggle with the quiet. I can't seem to stop the noise, but I need to! Hope you're doing well. XO

Wini said...

Dear Soraya, Thank you for sharing your journey to your soul and your list!! You always inspire and make me think! I'm also learning to listen to the voice that I can hear during quiet times. I like the idea of getting to a point where I can shout above the noise! Thank you for the encouragement. Wini xo