(Music II, 2007-SOLD)
"And no one will listen to us until we listen to ourselves. The Goddess awakens in our hearts before she awakens in the world."
- Marianne Williamson
Why is it so difficult to find our voice (not to mention the time!) and express it truthfully? Finding my voice has been a difficult path for me; one I am still struggling with. Do you know what I mean? As women, we are taught to be "nice", not to be too loud, disagree, or voice our opinions. I find that as I get older though...and definitely after the birth of my daughter...I have changed in this regard. These are some things I am learning...
* how to give my voice shape and space
* that vulnerability is a a strength
* owning my empowerment piece by piece involves little choices I make every single day.
* these little choices add up to big changes
* listening to mySELF involves trust, grace, humility and courage
I finally feel that I can claim my space without negation or apology. This is who I am world! ...wife, mother, artist, blogger, reader, lover, spirit, heart, creative soul, funny girl, nature lover and so much more ...The Goddess inside me is awakening... There is pain and uncertainty along the path but also...light and growth, air and breath; it feels right and good and whole.