(totes-available here)I have just been tagged! (it's my first time so I am not sure if I have to tag other people or not!)...Leslie...please let me know!!
1. What one book has impacted you the most? I would have a difficult time choosing just one. If pressed I would have to say it is Total Freedom: The Essential Krishnamurti For those not familiar with this startling man and his works ...how can I explain it? He leads one to SELF, not claiming to know the answers...instead, he asks the questions. One of the most brilliant and humble thinkers of any time...he has the ability to transform ...your thoughts, your perspective, your life. Actually..like any great teacher, he leads us to the door of our own self knowledge. Not for the faint of heart...he asks you to face life full force. His philosophy and mind bridges Eastern and Western thought seamlessly. For those of you who are familiar with Krishnamurti-you already know..."Truth is a pathless land" I will read this book for as long as I am able.
2. What do you wear most days? Most days I have my hair in a pony tail, no makeup and wearing paint stained sweats and an old tee. With so much to do and a toddler to run after... that works for me. Of course when Tim is here I make more of an effort:)
(what I wear everyday)3. What is your favorite snack? I am not really a snack person. I guess I would have to say fresh blueberries or blacberries. Apples and cheese. Banana and walnuts. Warm bread with butter and a hot cup of tea.
4. You have just won the biggest prize on a game show. What game show is it? Why? I don't watch T.V. so in my imaginary game show I have just won...a different childhood. I had a truly horrible childhood and today I can honestly say that one of the best things about it...was that it ended. However...because I look at my glass as half full (see question below)...I feel that I have already "won" the biggest prize. Because of these experiences ...I am the person I am ; I see the many gifts it has brought me also. Strength, fortitude, perseverance, self reliance, compassion, depth, character, authenticity, vulnerability...I rarely take things for granted. My life today is much more than I ever could of dreamed...I truly don't think i could ask for anything more...my cup runneth over.
5. You always look at life with the glass.......? Why? Half Full. I am the eternal optimist. I wasn't always that way. When I was about 24, I went through a particularly devastating experience. Another person had manipulated, deceived and outright set out to hurt me. I was angry and bitter for months and months. But one day I made the conscious decision that, no matter what happened in my life from here on, I would look at the gifts and blessings of the situation. I thought that if this person had succeeded in changing who I essentially was, as a person, then they would have really damaged me and robbed me. As it turns out...that experience was a blessing in disguise. I have been able to hold on to that perspective ever since.
6. Favorite movie. You know the one you can watch over and over and never get tired of? I am not really a movie person. Even with a really great movie...I can only watch it a couple of times. I can re-read a great book forever though!
7. What town did you grow up in? Pietermaritzburg, Natal, South Africa.
8. Do you have a pet? If so what and what is their name? We don't have one right now (no time!). I used to have a Doberman (who was the BEST dog in the whole wide world!) His name was Voodoo... a thoroughbred, was sable with white markings and oh! He was also the smartest dog in the whole wide world:)Tim used to have a German Shephard. Hubby wants us to get a dog and he says he will take care of it...but we all know how that goes, right ladies?!! So maybe when Tara is older.