My He(ART)-Full Life



Thursday, August 12, 2010

planting seeds in the garden of courage


I just came across a journal entry of mine from about...3 years ago. I had set some goals for myself and one of the things I really wanted to do was open up a shop on Etsy...But things happened...Tim deployed to Iraq and I got pregnant and had Tara and...fast forward to today. Wow! Time just zooms by! Recently I have had to dig really deep, deep within myself and ...plant seeds in the garden of courage:
1. vulnerability
2. authenticity
3. faith
4. creativity
5. love love love
This is the path I set for mySELF...This is what I want to cultivate...To follow my dreams no matter how difficult or unlikely they seem. To have the courage to not strive for perfection but to embrace the beauty of imperfection. To do my best in all things and then...to let go. To love and embrace where I am on my journey. What are some of the seeds you plant in the garden of courage?

5 comments:

scrapwordsmom said...

Such an authentic post, Sorayah. I love how you are YOU always. No imitations. You are the real thing. It's why I love your blog so much:)

For me the seeds I plant are to just be myself.
I also try to write that way...the more people see the real me, the more they like and trust me. Maybe when I decide to put my art out there they will love it because they will see ME in it.

I hope this made sense;)

Carola Bartz said...

I like the "garden of courage"
The seeds I plant: to be true to myself.
It's not always easy.

jacqueline said...

Dearest Soraya, this is such an inspiring post! I love your idea of a "seeds of courage"! My seeds are almost very similar to yours and one other thing in it is "just be myself". Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you sweet friend!

Blue Moon Mama said...

The seeds I'm trying to cultivate in my personal garden are these:

Authenticity
Creative Self Expression
Patience, Acceptance & Understanding

And most important of all right now for me:
The courage to persevere and FINALLY build the life I've always dreamed of. I have had the same dreams for many many years but instead of going for them I sit on the sidelines & watch as others do the things I've dreamed of. Gotta break that pattern!!

Thanks so much for inspiring me to think about this!;))

ArtPropelled said...

You inspire me Soraya.