My He(ART)-Full Life



Thursday, August 19, 2010

over here...



This is what has been going on over here these last few days...
* I just received the new Dick Blick Fall catalogue and oh my!!  There are just so many goodies in here... all sorts of luscious paints and pottery stuff and make-your-own-book kits to...everything! And at such reasonable prices. I certainly don't need any art supplies right now but if I had oodles of money, I would buy art stuff and books. Oh...and tons of gorgeous fresh flowers!
* I have been researching and reviewing tons of different printers and scanners. I am going to offer prints in my Etsy shop and I want my printer to be super high quality with archival inks and luscious color. I am seriously looking at 3 different printers but am leaning toward the Epson recommended by Kelly Rae Roberts. I purchased a couple of her prints a while back and I love the color and quality. From the reviews I read on Amazon though, quite a few people mentioned that it guzzles ink. Have to do more research. Oh yeah...and hopefully it will be easy to use!
* Tara is loving her little cupboard in the kitchen! I put some of her toys, books, a few empty cereal boxes (she loves those for some reason!), Tupperware containers, spoons and letters. She is fascinated and delighted.
* Some of my business supplies arrived in the mail today...archival mats, mailers, protective plastic bags...so exciting!
* I have been taking some photos for my Etsy shop. At first it was a bit intimidating but I am starting to have fun with it now. One of the things I am learning is that you have to take tons of pics to get a few great ones.
* We are so looking forward to next week...Tim will be here for a full 7 days. He will then leave for Quantaco Marine Base (just a couple of hours away) and be home every weekend. That is the most fantastic news ever!

7 comments:

risa said...

I just got the Dick Blick catalog too. I LOVE Dick Blick...just received an order today and was giddy with excitement as I opened the box! I'm lucky enough to have several retail stores nearby (where I stock up on canvas), but still order paint, mediums online cause it's cheaper that way!

scrapwordsmom said...

I am off to get my name on the Dick Blick mailing list:)

Have fun as you continue on your artful journey...oh and GREAT news about your hubby being home!!!!!!!

Carola Bartz said...

I think I have to check out Dick Blick, it sounds intriging.
Enjoy the days with Tim. How wonderful for you - I'm happy! And all the Etsy news - so exciting. Wishing you all the best!

jacqueline said...

Dearest Soraya, so many exciting things are going on over at your side and i feel so happy for you. That catalog looks really good and i am looking forward to see which printer you are buying ~ i hope you find that perfect printer for you very inspiring and gorgeous art work! Tara's little cupboard in the kitchen sounds really nice and how wonderful to have back home with all of you! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you sweet friend!

ArtPropelled said...

So many positives .... important of all, Tim coming home for a week. The Dick Blick catalogue sounds irresistible.... or rather the contents. I'm smiling at the thought of dear little Tara delving into her own kitchen cupboard. So much for her to discover.

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

such good news about hubby getting to come home every week. You have been VERY BUSY my friend. Love to you and your family

Anonymous said...

Me too, gotta check Dick Blick....love new materials, so much fun...so many new possibilities...
XOXOrly