My He(ART)-Full Life



Wednesday, April 18, 2012

struggling + burnt out

Dear friends...the truth is these past many weeks I have been struggling + burnt out. I just keep going + going until...finally it all catches up to me. Exhaustion (mental and physical) has been rising up to meet me every morning but, like all of us moms, we just keep on keepin' on. Sometimes..I feel like this beautiful dandelion right here...pushing up through the rocks to seek the sun. With Tara and I being down with the flu, painting + blogging + getting settled into our home...it has all caught up to me. I need to rest and replenish and...rest some more!! I need to fuel my fires and drink hot tea, read magazines + watch reruns of Friends. I need to go on morning walks everyday and snuggle up with my girl. I need to take a computer break and laugh and...just be. So...that's exactly what I am going to do these next many days...will be back here soon. xxx

8 comments:

jane said...

You do what you need to do to take care of yourself, Soraya...I support that completely! xx jane

laurie said...

please take time to nourish yourself and relax. i look forward to your return here but know that you need some room to just breathe and be. take care.

ArtPropelled said...

You've had so much on your shoulders lately Soraya. 2 Moves in such short time..packing..unpacking.. packing... unpacking..Phew it's no wonder you are feeling at a low ebb. Take all the time out to just be.... and a holiday wouldn't hurt either.

dandelion dreamer said...

look after your self! you will feel so much better soon :) Mx

mansuetude said...

Enjoy your time down. On meditation (from your last post) try this--as chatter happens and you start thinking o i can't meditate, etc... adding more thought. Just let it arise like mist on hot pavement, it means nothing. Take your attention Away from the voice mind, and down into your heart, listen there. Feel there. Begin slowly, the heart as they say IS an organ of fire.

ps. your daughter is so beautiful.

scrapwordsmom said...

Enjoy your quiet time!!!

Meegan, Dreaming in the Gloaming said...

I've been doing that as well. Sometimes disconnecting from technology is the best way to reconnect with your soul. Sending you living thoughts! Take care of yourself

Kelly said...

I've been feeling the same, and kind of taking it easy. My priorities have changed recently too. It's all good! Enjoy your rest. Hope to hear from you soon! :)