My He(ART)-Full Life



Tuesday, April 9, 2013

heart changers

Life around here has been full of surprises! Life changing ones that are opening my heart and mind and expanding the breadth of my days. Truth: this past year or so, I have completely let mySELF go in so many ways. Too many late nights and early mornings. Waaaaaay too much coffee (to stay awake!!), too little self care and not enough down time. Plus...at the start of the year, I had every good intention to start working out 3 x a week ...and I started. and stopped. And started...and stopped. etc. And perhaps not making the best food choices...hello pasta!!! And now...I am feeling the cumulative effects of months of neglect...I have put on about 5 lbs. Okay...maybe 10!!! And...just feeling not so good. You know...where clothes don't quite fit right, low energy, and general blah and yuckiness.

So...I decided to start from the inside out. Making time for me...even a half hour a day to simply relax and just...be. Not finding time...but making time!!! Essential!! And then I am scheduling time in to exercise 3 x a week come rain or shine. Hello juicing!!! Hello smoothies!!! Hello tons of fresh veggies!! And most important of all...to realize that I can't fit everything in! I need to stop multitasking so much and put away my To Do lists for a while! Breathe. Let go. Be.


 Because I know that I am showing Tara how to be in this world...as a girl and later, as a young woman...I need to practice self care first and teach her by example. Oh!!! And here she is is...all shimmery and sparkling in her wide eyed 4 year old self. It's such an exciting time for me...to see her curiosity and excitement about the world. She has an insatiable desire to learn and is super independent. We have so many things planned in the months ahead....painting under the trees, picnics, gardening, baking, crafts...and I want to be my best, most energetic self. I have this constant awareness of how time is flying by...how each day is so precious...and of how the only way I can hold on to this time is to simply be present.
 Oh!! Major blizzard this morning...Spring...where are you?? Perfect day to snuggle up, drink hot cocoa and stay at home! But I'm pretty sure Tara's going to want to go outside and make a snowgirl:)

1 comment:

patty said...

Absolutely agree, Soraya. Take care of yourself and the rest will follow. I know, I know... easier said than done. Hang in there!! Love seeing Tara growing and maturing...