Tuesday, February 5, 2013
* draw more. I intend to spend some time drawing each day...even for just 5-10 minutes.
* keep up with my workout routine. Because I can't run anymore (knee problems...ugh!!)...it doesn't mean I can't do other stuff. These past few months I have totally let my exercise routine go and I am feeling it. Hello self care!
* speaking of self care...taking some time to simply relax each day...a bubble bath...a cup of tea and a magazine is a mini vacation!
* write more! I came across this amazing list for writing authentically from this blog over here (thanks Susannah!!)
* Actively make more time to read. Before I become a mom...I devoured books constantly but now I just don't have as much time as I used to. Still...I intend to read more.I have a stack of books by my bedside that are calling me!
* More down time...taking evening walks holding Tim's hand, playing with Tara, stargazing and dreaming. Sounds good!
* Allow my heart to guide me. I am feeling my paintings shift...more body, more hands. more expressiveness.
* making more time for conversations, impromptu picnics and simply being present.
* not beat up on myself for all the stuff I can't get done. I wish there were 100 hours in each day but...there aren't! So I have to go easy on myself and know that things will unfold as they are supposed to.
So...those are some of my intentions for this year. I am just holding them in my heart and letting them direct my energy. Hope you all are doing well this first week of February!