My He(ART)-Full Life



Tuesday, January 1, 2013

how much light can I carry?

                      (mixed media, She asked herself."How much light can I carry?")
I woke up early this morning and....reading through a few blogs, I came across these gems I wanted to share with you. From beautiful Robyn's blog...I came across this inspirational quote by Neil Gaiman
"I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.
Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something.
So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family life.
Whatever is is you're scared of doing, Do it.
Make your mistakes, next year and forever." - Neil Gaimen
Love this so much...as soon as I read it, I printed it up and put it above my studio table as a reminder every single time I paint!!!

Then there's this from Patti Digh:
“And now we welcome the new year,
full of things that have never been.” -Rainer Maria Rilke
and the two questions she asks us
1. what do you want to let go of?
2. what do you want to create?
So insightful and powerful!!! I sat down right away and started writing pages and pages in my journal. And some of what I came up with was this right here..."how much light can I carry?" How can I carry grace, humility and truth in my heart? How can I let go of angers and bitterness that hold me back? How can I fill my heart with gratitude? hope? How can I accept my gifts? And then I sat down and painted this painting right here...all while listening to this beautiful audio book by Caroline Myss and it all sort of came together.
So dear souls...wishing each of you a happy 2013!!! Thank you so much for reading my blog, for sharing in my journey, for your support and encouragement. xxx

1 comment:

Claire said...

a wonderfully inspiring post, full of great quotes and hopes...
i listened to caroline's entering the castle when i was recovering from my stroke 5 years ago and couldn't read... it is indeed beautiful and deeply thought-full...
wishing you only light in your heart for 2013!