(self portrait at 43 and a half)
I'm ageing. When I was younger (in my twenties) I never gave it much thought. Oh! it was somewhere out there...far away. But now that I have a little one + I'm 43 (and half!!)...I think about it quite a bit. I came up with a list (maybe you can come up with your own?) so here goes.
5 things I love about ageing:
1. I am more sure of mySELF. I feel comfortable with who I am and there's no trying to be something I am not. (so freeing!! Love love love this about ageing for me)
2. focus more on my health now. I eat better and make smarter choices re. diet + exercise.
3. my priorities are in order.
4. I don't take my time for granted. all these days + months + years are a gift.
5. I don't take crap anymore. I am so much better at establishing boundaries.
Okay...5 things I hate about getting older!!
1. all the creaks and aches and pains. They are there...lurking around.
2. I am tired!! What happened to all the energy I used to have??
3. slowing metabolism. Ugh!!
4. gray hair. I decided that in the next few years I am going to stop coloring it.
5. my body is changing. I'll spare you the details ...you can just take my word for it:)
That being said...ageing is a perilous and fascinating journey. The thing I fear the most?? (as I suspect we all do) is loss of health + being dependant. But for now.. the focus is on spirit, health, friendship, love, laughter, doing my work, being in the moment, health, simplicity.
(Tara's self portrait...isn't it cute??)