Wednesday, May 2, 2012
inspiring me these days
* all things nature!! Since spring is in the air and we have been gardening over here...I am inspired by it all. Rocks, trees, flowers. vegetables, compost...and these amazing dried plants. The huge, luscious pods are all the way from India (!!!) and the yellow flower in the upper right is from South Africa!!! I came across them the other day and snatched them up for my nature table. I love their form...they look like miniature sculptures bursting with life.
* summer skirts. Since I have been unpacking (yes...we are still not fully settled in over here!!)...I am coming across clothing I haven't seen in ages. It's great..kinda' like going shopping without any of the hassle or expense!!
* books, books and more books. I have stacks of books piled up that I can't wait to get to. Reading has always been such a huge part of my life...but after becoming a mom, I have really had to carve out time for it. I try to squeeze in some time whenever I can...15 mins. here and there all add up + I always carry a book in my purse.
* candles. I love them and have a gazillion all over the place. this one is from World Market. Isn't it gorgeous?? It reminds me of Indian or Moroccan designs. After a long day...I light one (or a few) and instantly relax. It reminds me of when I was in Rishikesh. Every evening we floated clay lamps down the Ganges and watched them carry our wishes downstream.
* journaling. I am working on my Outsider Journal and am so deeply in love with opening up my heart and soul and pouring it all down on my pages. It's inspiring + healing + strengthening all at once.
* I picked up this mag. and am totally in love!!! I ordered some Creative Paperclay and, this summer, I am finally going to try making dolls. I have been wanting to do this forever and Art Doll magazine has jump started my creative juices. There are the most innovative and amazing ideas in here...I mean...you just have to read it!!
* road trips!!! I know, I know...after the one we did last year we decided not to do it for awhile...but we have an amazing one planned and...I am sooooo looking forward to it. A few things it's going to involve...art, hiking, Chinatown, meeting a few princesses (!!!), ocean + mountains + desert + lots of photography, reading, writing and relaxing.
* relationships. marriage, motherhood, friendships..all of it. They really are our greatest teachers...these deep connections we have to each other. Inspiring, nurturing and replenishing.