Monday, April 2, 2012
my everyday creative
* excited + joyFULL to wake up every morning with 10 million ideas + stories + colors + paintings + words swirling in my head
* sleep deprived + groggy and needing my coffee
* being totally okay with people I come into contact with on a daily basis (clerk at grocery store, mailman etc) thinking I am a complete bubblehead largely due to the above!!
* constantly making up "to do" lists on top of "to do" lists and trying to whittle them away
* spreading out canvases on the kitchen counter so I can grab every free moment to work
* trying to look presentable?? Uh!!! Most times that's out the door!
* constantly thinking of my work...books that inspire me, backgrounds, poems, fabric...they even work their way into my dreams!!
* having to let a lot of stuff go for now...prioritising and knowing that people who love + care about me will understand
* balancing motherhood + work is trying for so many families; I am simply thankful that I can work from home!! And in my p.j.'s too!!!
* did I mention sleep deprived??
*I love love love what I do with all my heart and soul. To create from the essence of who I am...to bring into this world something from the deepest parts of mySELF that never existed before...it is a gift + a privilege that I simply don't take for granted.
* totally okay with letting the housework slide:)
* absolutely love being surprised by e-mails in my inbox from dear souls clear across the world...or right next door...that tell me how something I wrote about or painted really touched them or connected. LOVE!!
* being consumed with creating...staying up until 2 or 3 in the morning because I just have to paint and completely forgetting that I have to wake up in a few hours.
* forgetting to eat
* not looking at time in days or weeks but according to my inner cycles
* always carrying my camera + notebook with me to record life (trees, sky, self, Tara, hands)
This is some of what my days look like; it's difficult + frustrating + exhausting + joyful + exciting + ...
what does your everyday creative look like??