My He(ART)-Full Life



Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"comfortable with uncertainty"

                                                    (on my easel right now)
Things are moving along so fast over here for us...we are loading up our first POD this weekend. So what that means is packing, packing and more packing!!! Everything is an absolute mess...with boxes everywhere. I have been painting these last few nights...because next week my studio gets packed up:( Just getting into my studio at night, after Tara goes to sleep, is such a breath of fresh air...grounding me and sustaining me right now. We have bought  a home...and while I am excited about that part of it...this is that in-between phase of complete uncertainty. Are we going to have good neighbors, are we going to make friends and become part of a community??? Is Tara going to be happy in our new home? Plus...I am going to miss all the people I have met here in Ca. this past year. Tara has awesome teachers and loves her classes. This has become her home for the past year; she is already upset about having to move. So...while there is so much excitement about getting settled...there is also a lot of trepidation; some fear and uncertainty. It seems fitting, then, that the book I am reading right now is called "Comfortable with Uncertainty" !!!! by Pema Chodron. Just started it...I bought it because of  a recommendation from Jane. The Universe has impeccable timing and, it seems, quite a sense of humor:)
***N.B.   My Etsy shop is closed and will re-open soon.

2 comments:

Meegan said...

I'm so so excited for you & I know you are going to make wonderful new connections in your new home. This must be a stressful time for you, especially to be moving during the holidays but I'm sure you'll get through it beautifully. Good luck with the move !!!!

jane said...

I'm so glad you are reading my favorite Pema book, Soraya. Don't worry ~ your bright bright spirit and Tara's sweetness will bring friends to you wherever you go. xo