loving right now:
*This book right here...Apples for Jam! Not your usual cookbook, it is chock full of scrumptious recipes ( chicken cutlets with parsley and capers, winter squash pizza...penne with shrimp, cream and tomato ) but also has personal stories and photos. Yumminess! There are delicious poetic phrases sprinkled throughout...like this one
"walking barefoot through fields,
knowing to zigzag if you see a snake.
The medicine chest is full-I have covered
mosquito bites and bee stings"
* this post right here called 6 So-Called Rules for the Creative Badass. Must read and totally agree!
*Oprah's Lifeclass. Go over here to join!
*Stash...black tea (pomegranate + Bombay chai)
* these books here, here and here that I just bought for Tara...the artwork alone is amazing! And this poetry book here is full of delicious sounds...great for reading aloud.
*and speaking of children's books, I just discovered Barefoot Books and they have the most amazing books ever ever!!
and just to balance things out...I can sooooo do without:
*spending the day dealing with auto mechanics. Ugh!!!! and double ugh!!
* sweltering heat. It's been about 500 degrees over here these past few days. Where did Fall go to??? This is bikini weather!
*early morning under eye puffiness. please go away!
* computer generated telephone solicitors. Enough already.
* driving the interstates in So. Cal. Sheer madness...on a good day! I'm not kidding either!
*migraines! Before I had Tara I almost never had headaches but since I gave birth, I sometimes get these horrible migraines that can last forever. From everything I have read up about them, the recommendation is to lie down in a quiet, dark room until it subsides. Uhh...with a toddler????Quiet???