My He(ART)-Full Life



Sunday, April 17, 2011

weekend getaway

(Coronado Bay Bridge)
There are so many amazing things to see and do over here. If you drive a few hours north, there are snow capped mountains! A few hours east...desert. And to the west, all the way down to Mexico and beyond...ocean. We had a delicious weekend getaway full of walks on the beach, delicious dinners (steak and seafood) and lots and lots of play time for Tara. It was soooo nice to just watch the sunset on the beach with Tim and Tara...read the new O magazine and just...do absolutely nothing! Not that it was all r&r, mind you. Keeping up with Tara is still pretty uh...challenging...but she travels pretty well for  a toddler. Glad to be back home though...I find that we all  respond really well to routine!
* hope you had a great weekend too:)

6 comments:

scrapwordsmom said...

Sounds like a well deserved break with your darling family. How wonderful!!

I just re-subscribed to O...should be getting my first issue very soon!

Meegan, blue moon mama said...

The thing I miss most about living in southern California is taking weekend roadtrips all over the state. There are just so many wonderfully unique towns to visit not to mention all the natural wonders to explore. We spent nearly every weekend exploring & have so many great memories!!

mansuetude said...

Sounds wonderful. I would love to explire Mexico more in the future. Hoping things settle down along the boarder there.

Blessings

patty said...

I'm so glad you got those gorgeous days for your little get-away!! Just found out I don't have to call again for jury duty till Sunday night - yea!

Carola Bartz said...

I'm glad that you had such a beautiful weekend. It was splendid - we also spent a wonderful lazy weekend. Just what we needed.

kelly said...

I have been craving steak and seafood lately. Yumm. Sounds like you had a really relaxing time (or the next best thing when you have a toddler running around. :))