Tuesday, February 8, 2011
searching for my style
1. read and expose myself to as many other artists as possible
2. collect elements that I love (shape, line, color combinations, text, pics, fabrics) of visuals that speak to me. Put them up on my inspiration board or sketchbook
3. write write write...about my art, about what I want to convey. Write poetry or journal. I find that in my words lie the seeds of my he(ART)
4. paint! Without expectations... Don't be afraid of making mistakes or wanting every piece to turn out a certain way...experiment, play, invent, be silly, try different techniques. Make a happy mess and fall flat on my face:) Work through the frustration and ugly parts of a painting...
5. pay attention to my intuition. What is it that my heart is telling me?
6. realise that while I may admire other artists' work...only I can bring into the world the pieces of mySELF that I pour into my art
7. know that we are all creative souls in bloom. And it takes courage big and huge and wide and deep to put ourSELVES out there and and do what we do
(Creative Soul in Bloom, archival prints coming soon!)
Do you have any tips, techniques, stories to share about finding your style? Are you still searching too? I would love to know!
* If you have stopped by from the OWOH bloghop, please scroll down to my previous post to enter my giveaway. Thanks!