My He(ART)-Full Life



Thursday, November 11, 2010

A wonderfully messy afternoon!


In the midst of all our packing, I decided to take the afternoon off . So today I bought Tara her very first set of paints...she absolutely loved them! What's not to love? Water + color +juicy paints = a wonderful mess! She painted her very first watercolor and I just loved the whole process of watching her explore, create and play. I simply allowed her to do whatever she wanted (short of putting paint in her mouth!!) and she was fascinated and delighted.Her eyes were full of wonder at seeing the puddles of water mixing with the paints.
I really hope to foster her creativity in every possible way. I hope to teach her to paint outside the lines, to think outside the box...to create her very own box (or triangle or circle! )...and most importantly...to listen to herSELF.To follow her heart...to be true.


Tara's very first painting! This one is going to get framed for sure!
*****************************************************
On a more serious note...today is Veterans Day and it is always a very difficult day for Tim. He has served his country as a combat veteran  for 23+ years and..there are so many memories and experiences that are so foreign to me; that I can't even fathom. It is a very sombre time for him...thinking of all the men he has lost...friends, comrades,brothers. I am so very proud of him.

                               (Arlington National Cemetery, Iwo Jima Memorial)

5 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

It must be hard for both of you, Soraya. The wives of soldiers don't have it easy, waiting and wondering at home. Thinking of you both today.

I am loving the photo of Tara painting! She must be delighted with these new discoveries.

Anonymous said...

Soraya, thak you for your lovely comment to me on my blog. It means so much! I loved your advice and have started to re-work the girl. I will not give up!

Tara is super cute with her paints! I love that age!

jacqueline said...

Dearest soraya, loving this wonderful and very inspiring post! I always love watching little kids creating...so much to learn from them!
Veterans Daymust be really hard for the both of you. Sending you and yours lots of love! Have a lovely merry happy weekend.

Wini said...

Dear Soraya, I've just been reading thru your last few posts. You are so open, honest, courageous & wise! I can relate to what you have written. Finding my voice is something I'm working on too. Letting a painting "speak" to me is something I'm experimenting with as well. I love seeing Tara with the paints!! Thinking of you and your husband. What a brave man! All the best with the move.

Carola Bartz said...

I absolutely adore the pictures of Tara plating with brush and paint. Nice color combo she created! I'm sure you will be a wonderful guide for her for any artistic endeavor. Are you all packed up? Thinking of you.