"These are some good questions to ask until one decides on the song, one's true song. What has happened to my soul-voice? What are the buried bones of my life? In what condition is my relationship to the instinctual self? When was the last time I ran free? How do I make life come alive again? Where has La Loba gone to?"
-Clarissa Pinkola Estes
Women Who Run with the Wolves
Recently I have felt a deep need to return to mySELF. In the midst of holding my fragments together, I have gathered courage and strength. Here are some things I do to nourish my soul:
1. write in my journal
2. create (paint, bake, garden)
3. take long baths with baby
4. eat my food with my fingers-try it! Not only does the food taste better but it is deeply nourishing to touch what feeds us
5. read-words that touch me
6. touch the earth with bare feet
7. greet the sun
8. fill mySELF with gratitude
10. rest-relax, nap, sleep
What are some of the things you do to nourish yourSELF? Please share...I would love to know.