My He(ART)-Full Life



Saturday, April 10, 2010

Georgia on my Mind


Georgian landscape-a painting of mine from a few years ago but I posted it here now because memories of Georgia have flooded my mind. I spent quite some time there so many, many years ago and a dear friend contacted me recently. Across the chasm of time-memories and hearts collide.  I remember the hot, sultry summers, red clay and huge white magnolias heavy with scent. Jazz and gumbo, fried chicken and "y'all come back now!"...Ebenezer Baptist church, Dr. King, home of the civil rights movement, historic Black colleges and so many good friends. So many, many dear people..."Georgia on my mind"...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My husband and I went to Savannah Georgia for his birthday last year and came home pregnant with our first baby so Georgia holds a special place in my heart! :) We fell in love with the moss draped trees, walking in the historic district near the river, and with honey pecan glazed fried chicken. The BEST fried chicken I've ever had anywhere. Hope to return to Savannah for another visit someday, this time with our daughter.