My He(ART)-Full Life



Sunday, January 3, 2010

The End of 2009

January 3-2010-I can't believe the whole of 2009 just flew by! Adjusting to motherhood, started painting again and...shaking the dust off my blog (have not written in over a year!!). My He(ART)-full life-open to creativity, beauty, providence and EVERYTHING the Universe brings! 2009 started off with a BANG!!-Princess Tara was born on January 31 and the whole year was on warp speed! A sea change in government with a historic innauguration, we moved from Colorado to Virginia, bought a home, trying to settle in and watching Tara grow! A lot of growing with me too...learning to be vulnerable and honest (with myself and others), living in the present moment, learning how to be a great mom, painting again...
I saw the movie "Precious" yesterday...It was AMAZING! Raw, powerful, haunting...a work of art! The movie deals with multiple issues: sexism, racism, incest and ...the sheer humanity of us all. It shows you the worst in human nature while still letting you see the potential we all  have as well. I cried! It was, at times, very difficult for me to watch. My heart shrunk and expanded...I came home and lit a candle-to symbolize the light we ALL have within us. The caption at the end of the movie stuck with me "FOR PRECIOUS GIRLS EVERYWHERE"... I am so very grateful for the life I have-it has been a long road to "HERE" but I love this place that is my life NOW...

1 comment:

Rani said...

I love your writing style...very honest and true to heart! I must see this movie now!