My He(ART)-Full Life



Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Grace. My word for the year.

"Let the cracks between things widen until they are no longer cracks but the new places for things." -Colson Whitehead, Zone One
2016 is different for me, somehow. I feel the cracks within me, all of that broken-ness that has inhabited my inside spaces...I feel it all widening up to hold new beliefs and ways of being. I feel an expansion of mySELF that is unshakable yet fluid. So many many times when I was very weak and broken, I allowed other people's stories to nourish and guide me. And I am ever so thankful because I don't know what I would have done without them. Their stories were lifelines that kept me from drowning and I most certainly wouldn't be the person I am today without them. And now that I feel strong enough...I have decided to give myself permission to be inspired by my own journey. I am allowing myself to look within, to recover parts of myself thrown away. To discover parts of myself that were long lost and buried. To create mySELF as I want. I actually get to do that!!! There is such freedom and peace in this knowledge...an absolute trust in the universe and self. Grace.
" there are feelings.
you haven't felt yet.
give them time.
they are almost here.
-fresh" -Nayyirah Waheed, Salt

2 comments:

Cheryl Turtlemoon said...

Oh wow what a powerful message!!! Thank you for sharing !

food-a-muse said...

I love the word Grace. I have it hanging in the space between the dining room & living room in my home. Powerful.