My He(ART)-Full Life



Thursday, March 3, 2011

creative burst!, BYW class and blog love

I have been having a creative burst these past few weeks...I don't know what's going on but I am appreciating, loving and taking full advantage of it!!! I just decoupaged a cabinet (so cute...pics soon!), transformed an old bulletin board into an inspiration board (I even added these fantastic handmade knobs at the bottom  so I can hang a few things)..and my patchwork curtains are coming along too!
Also, I am just loving my BYW class with Holly-I am learning so so much...I can't stand it! We just started this week and already I am thinking about things in a new fresh way. LOVE!
Have been coming across so many amazing blogs out there...inspiring, creative, just over the top beautiful. All of a sudden... I want to rush out and buy fat pink peonies + teal cushions and ...bake an almond cake!
Over here  are mouthwatering recipes and words that fill you up too! I just discovered the eye candy here and here and here. Love these very doable ideas...

(little monster from Speedie Beadie)
Also, I received a little beaded monster from the OWOH giveaway from Speedie Beadie. Thanks Dot! I put it in my studio to remind myself to make friends with all of my monsters...so so important. Our fears and insecurities have so much to teach us.
* I hope you all have a happy happy weekend...whatever you do, whoever you are with:)
** Am going to re-open my Etsy shop soon! Archival prints will be available!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soraya, you sound so happy! I am so glad you are enjoying the course with Holly. I think I may do that when she runs it again.

Loving those blogs you have linked!

Diane said...

You are most definitely in a good place right now--I loved reading this. And I never thought of my fears as teachers--but that's a good way of treating them!!

scrapwordsmom said...

You sound so very happy!!! Really want to see your bulletin board. I have one that I have been meaning to turn into my own dream board...

Happy Friday!

ArtPropelled said...

Hi Soraya, what a joy you are! I get the feeling that your cup runneth over and it's very contagious. Love the studio tableau with your glorious painting too.

desha peacock said...

thanks for checking out my blog Soraya, your's is beautiful~ I am also inspired from taking the BYW course. Isn't Holly amazing? It's so nice to hear how she began, gives us hope, right?

p.s. how old is your daughter, she looks about the same as mine-

Kerri said...

i look forward to seeing your cabinet. i'd like to decoupage something one of these days.

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

I am so happy that you have had a lot of creative time! It is oh so important for our soul, right!? I can't wait to see your project pictures too...I am in total project mode and have so many things I want to tackle. I get SO many ideas from all the blog candy I see...so much beauty everywhere! It's that flying time that I need to wrestle to the ground...so I have time to get it all done.
Thank you for your sweet birthday wishes for my little one. He had a blast...your daughter is so adorable. Two is so much fun! :)

Gosia said...

Ultimately inspiring - this is how I felt reading your blog, Soraya. I know, BYW is amazing in generating the energy that we never knew we could have. You sound so genuinely happy, I want to see all these creations of yours, they must be gorgeous considering all the positive energy. I've posted my moodboard today. Going back and looking at it, there are a few things I would correct/improve on, but I just let it go - something is telling me to just let it be. Funny thing, once I posted, I spotted the cutest ladybug that landed on the canvas out of nowhere, and I had no clue. I thought it might be a good luck sign - what do you think?